Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tasha Tuesday

Winter is here now. It's cold out, sometimes wet and gray for just days upon end, days meant for cuddling up with a nice fire, some yarn, and a furry pup. Last week an old friend bartered with me for some fire wood and I've become a little addicted to the toasty flames, the lovely light and the ambiance of doing, well, anything by firelight.

My little one wasn't feeling good over the holiday break, and so as a treat I let her pick a yarn at the store and have set out to make her a matching hat and scarf set, and one for my husband as well. So for the last few days I've sat for hours by the fire watching random things (like this series that I finished in about 2 days!) and knitting up a storm.

Thanks to those quiet evenings I only need to put some finishing touches on the hats and knit one more scarf. Pretty good, I'd say!

And although these little moments aren't directly related to Tasha, I think she'd approve of the time spent and the effort made for home made gifts. I know there's no way I'll be able to accomplish 100% homemade for Christmas (I've got two craft shows in the middle of all this too!) but I'm trying. And there's something very satisfying of coming away from a couple of hours on the couch nestled in with a little girl and her dog and a nice roaring fire with something accomplished.

Happy Tasha Tuesday~
H

9 comments:

  1. hope she feels better :)
    sounds relaxing knitting in front of the fire...i'm sure tasha would approve ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, she looks so sweet and comfy. Don't you miss the days of being taken care of by your mom when you were sick? Now I'm lucky if I get an extra fifteen minutes in bed without a boy asking where I put his ipod:) Tascha would certailnly approve of your time well spent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cozy scene! It makes me want to go get a fire going and grab a cup of hot cocoa with whip cream.
    I also hope she is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely image of cosy home life you weave here Heather. Knitting by the fire is just the best. But I hope your little one is feeling better now.

    I've been indulging in a lovely Audrey Eclectic catch up ... love the Thanksgiving wreath. I seem to have missed so many folks blog posts lately, life has been crazy here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Tasha would definitely approve! How cozy everything looks. So sorry your wee one wasn't feeling well...hopefully she is fine now. Can't wait to see your finished knit goodies. I'll be whipping up a few things for Christmas gifts this year. Can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smiles, Tasha would surely smile. Handknit wins handsdown over mass produced. Your cavalier king charles looks so sweet laying there with your angel !

    Lorraine :-}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, making gifts is such a treat...especially by a roaring fire :)

    Blessings,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Heather,

    How nice that you have a fire! I would be right there, too (REALLY hoping for a fireplace when we next move). :) I hope Audrey is feeling better. Would you believe that we have a little quilt made out of that same material, and that my Tasha was just sleeping with it last night? How funny is that!

    Love and blessings,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is what I love about winter. A very Tasha day. I hope Audrey is feeling better xox Clarice

    ReplyDelete

Each and every comment is appreciated! Thanks for coming to visit me :) ~Heather